If you’re here then we need to address the elephant in the room. Our furry friends are in need of assistance! They need that little extra step that only the best dog ramps for beds can give them to reach us for that extra session of snuggles before bedtime.
Luckily for you, we have done the tedious job of researching and analyzing thousands of choices and today we bring you our top choices for dog ramps for beds!
Here is a detailed list of the best pick of the year, with descriptions and a list of pros and cons for you to contemplate before buying.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Dog Ramps for Beds
- 1.1 1. Zinus Cozy Pet Stairs/Ramp/Ladder
- 1.2 2. Prairie View Industries Singlefold Ramp
- 1.3 3. Gen7Pets Natural Step Dog Ramp
- 1.4 4. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp
- 1.5 5. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampStep
- 1.6 6. PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs
- 1.7 7. Pet Gear Stramp – Stair and Ramp Combo
- 1.8 8. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- 1.9 9. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Wood Pet Stairs
- 1.10 10. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps
- 1.11 11. Pet Gear Easy Step III
- 1.12 12. Titan 28″- 61″ Telescoping Collapsible Ramp
- 1.13 13. Kurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp
- 1.14 14. Internet’s Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp
- 1.15 15. Merry Products Collapsible Ramp
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying
- 3 Conclusion
Best Dog Ramps for Beds
|Zinus Cozy Pet Stairs/Ramp/Ladder||Check On Amazon|
|Prairie View Industries Singlefold Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Gen7Pets Natural Step Dog Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampStep||Check On Amazon|
|PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs||Check On Amazon|
|Pet Gear Stramp - Stair and Ramp Combo||Check On Amazon|
|PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|PetSafe CozyUp Folding Wood Pet Stairs||Check On Amazon|
|PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps||Check On Amazon|
|Pet Gear Easy Step III||Check On Amazon|
|Titan 28"- 61" Telescoping Collapsible Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Kurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Internet's Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp||Check On Amazon|
|Merry Products Collapsible Ramp||Check On Amazon|
1. Zinus Cozy Pet Stairs/Ramp/Ladder
This small step ladder is great for little dogs. It protects their paws with a soft and sturdy structure, protecting your pet’s paws and giving it a strong footing. The cover is machine washable, which means it is one step less to worry about and the assembly does not require complicated steps.
- Measurements: 15” H x 18” W x 11.9” and 7.85” steps
- Easy to assemble
- Foam interior that is great for paws
- Removable and washable surface
2. Prairie View Industries Singlefold Ramp
Even if the design is originally intended for wheelchairs or scooters, it is a pretty good choice for timid and chubby dogs who need a stronger resistance and wide space for their comfort. This ramp offers the stability that skinnier ramps designed for canines do not. So it is great for those seeking to help out their timid or overly excited pups to go up to bed in a much safer way.
- The anti-slip tape covering all the surfaces making it skid resistant.
- It’s 30 inches wide platform gives it support and stability.
- Easier carry, like a suitcase, and sturdy.
- Welded fabrication instead of riveting.
3. Gen7Pets Natural Step Dog Ramp
Perfect for dogs who need encouragement to not run or skip but rather walk slowly up the climb to the bed or car. This is because the Polly grass imitates the real surface, making it softer and easier for the climb. Currently only available for the USA. Multi-use and perfect for both indoors the outdoors.
- The Polly grass surface protects your dog’s paws as it goes up the ramp.
- The strong grip adjusts to both beds or cars so it makes it perfect for indoors and outdoors activities.
- The grass helps encourage those hyperactive puppies to walk instead to jump when going up the bed
- Foldable and easy to open and store.
4. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp
This ramp is made for those with delicate or unconventional furniture as it supports itself and does not need to be propped up against a bed or car. Perfect for both indoor or outdoor use thanks to its foldable nature and edges that prevent it from slipping easily. Protect the pet’s paw and give its sure footing with its innovative material made out of Supertrax tread. The removable surface is a bonus as it makes it easier to clean and better to maintain.
- Measures: 56” L x 16” W x 23” H
- Protects pet’s paws, providing a strong and soft surface for sure-footing due to its SupertraX tread material.
- The surface is removable making it easier to wash.
- The ramp doesn’t need the support of other surfaces like beds or cars.
- Folds making it easier for storage and carriage. The sides prevent slipping off to the side.
5. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampStep
Overall this is a perfect ramp if your dog is already older or has some case of arthritis since the soft padding and the easy structure helps them go up higher furniture. It is made out of strong wood giving it a sturdy structure and soft padding on the steps, for the safety of our dog’s paws. It is also easy to manage and easy to clean.
- Made out of three steps that measure 12” D x 16” W; covered in soft carpeting
- Perfect for aging or arthritic pets who have difficulty reaching high beds, sofas, and other furniture.
- Strong mahogany frame capable of holding up to 130 pounds
- Easy to manage and clean
- Measures of the whole ramp: 40 ’L x 17 1/2″W x 19 1/2″H
6. PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs
This ramp is specifically designed for all types of dogs, especially big pets thanks to its tough wood structure. The matted surface does not allow your pet to slip as it goes up and down the ramp and also protects their nails from breaking or hurting themselves. It comes from a globally trusted brand and it has been independently tested, proven to be safe for all kinds of canine friends.
- Measurements: 70” L x 16” W x 25” H
- Strong and sturdy surface tested and rated perfect for supporting up to 120 lbs.
- Wood finish, white and perfect to blend with the decoration of the house and to help your furry pal up any surface, be it bed or sofa.
- Its carpet is made out of the heavy-duty carpet and keeps your pet from sliding as it uses the ramp.
7. Pet Gear Stramp – Stair and Ramp Combo
This ramp is perfect for small or ill dogs who don’t need big contractions, rather than just a small step to help them go up the furniture. The surface is removable and can be cleaned and dried quite easily, and the softness is great for our pet’s paws as it protects them during the climb. Better yet, this ramp does not require instructions or too many steps to build. Is a three-piece ramp and snaps quite easily so it becomes almost portable from room to room.
- Measures: 28” L x 16” W x 16” H
- Soft, removable mattress.
- Grippers at the bottom end keep the structure safe and in place.
- Easy to move and store
8. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
Excellent for those dog owners seeking to relieve their furry companion’s pain. It also helps that it’s adjustable to cars and beds, giving it an advantage over those with only one function. Does not need complicated maintenance, just some water, and soap to wash it. Adjusts to all or any varieties of dogs and protects their little paws from harm due to its rubber material. Comes in two colors: Graphite Gray and Khaki Beige and it’s super easy to store.
- Highly safe ramp for your furry friend, especially for those suffering from arthritis or dysplasia since it helps by reducing the pain of climbing.
- With its rubberized surface, it’s unlikely that your dog will slip while mounting the bed.
- The surface material also protects their paws and little nails as it isn’t made out of sandpaper or carpet, which also makes it perfect for wet and dry conditions.
- The universal non-slip grip also makes it perfect for other uses, just in case you’d prefer to use it in vehicles or edges.
- It is easy to store because it folds in half.
- Easy to clean.
9. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Wood Pet Stairs
If your dog prefers stairs, this is another pretty good choice. This particular ladder comes with comfortably covered steps that protect your dog if they suffer from any joint pains. It is highly sturdy, coming from a highly trustworthy brand, with a wooden structure that gives a good sense of security both for you and your furry pal. A bonus is that its design assimilates quickly to your house and becomes another part of the furniture.
- Measurements: 30”L x 19” W x 25” H
- Comes from a trusted global brand, which makes it reliable
- Strong structure made out of wood
- Reliable and easy to store as it folds flat and can be placed anywhere
10. PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps
This ramp works like its own personal stair for your pet. It is safe, as it has safety edges on the corners of each step to ensure that your dog does not slip going up and down the steps. Extremely lightweight, which makes it easier to carry from room to room. It has also been independently tested and proven to be highly durable, which means it can be a great acquisition for the long run.
- Measurements: 24”L x 16” W x 20 “H
- Steps help our little furry friends go up the sofa or bed, all by themselves
- Extremely durable
- Lightweight; only weighs 5 pounds!
- The surface is made of non-skid material, meaning your dog’s safety is guaranteed as they won’t slip going up and down
- Easy storage and mobility
11. Pet Gear Easy Step III
The good thing about this ramp is that it takes into account all kinds of canines. Therefore, if you’re an owner of multiple dogs, this ramp can benefit them whether they are small or big. The wide steps and carpeted thread provide solid footing as they go up and down, and it also helps that it comes with rubbers in the base which prevents skids with any type of floor. It also helps that it quite sticks to any type of furniture, so you won’t have trouble changing it from sofas to beds.
- Wide and deep stairs, which helps both small and large dogs as they walk up the stairs
- Measurements: 25” L x 16” W x 23” H
- Rubbers on the bottom end keep a solid structure in a safe position
- The carpeted thread is removable, which makes it easier to clean
- Easy build
12. Titan 28″- 61″ Telescoping Collapsible Ramp
The advantage that this ramp has over all other ones, is found in its surface which is covered by small rectangular ridges. This makes it a strong walking surface, superior to carpets or textured materials, which ensures that your pet won’t accidentally slide or fall as it goes up or down the steps. Another benefit comes with its collapsible system, allowing you to adjust the ramp to the preferred or needed height for your dog to reach all kinds of furniture. It is also pretty easy to store since it only reaches 28” of height when folded. This ramp can be stored anywhere in your house. It is sturdy and strong, made out of aluminum material which makes it highly durable.
- Stable, rigid, and sturdy structure with a rigid base
- Easy to open with a one-hand system
- Easy to store with its collapsible structure made perfectly for space-saving
- Lightweight, with only 13 lbs for the whole structure made out of aluminum and rigid plastic
- Measures: 28” x 16 ¾” wide x 41/2” thick when collapsed; 13” wide surface when fully extended
13. Kurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp
This ramp is perfect for our old or ill pet companions who don’t need the stress of climbing up steps in order to reach us for snuggles. Holds up to 200 pounds, which makes it virtually for any kind of dog. The guide rails are higher than most ramps, which provides that extra safety net. The gentle slope helps to adjust to dogs’ movements as they go up and down, and gives them more flexibility in their movements.
- Measurements: 62” L (fully extended) 15.5”W
- Weighs only 10. 4 pounds
- Especially recommended for dogs suffering from old-age, arthritis, and hip dysplasia as it adjusts to their movements and does not cause stress during the climb.
- Super lightweight, with only 10 pounds of weight.
- Made out of durable plastic
- Easy to transport and store thanks to its foldable nature. It also comes with a safety lock which ensures that nothing will happen as it is currently in use.
- Made with a gentle incline in order to assist our furry friends up the climb into any vehicle or furniture.
- Comes with a warrant from Kurgo Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects
14. Internet’s Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp
This ramp is excellent for owners of small dogs in cramped environments. It adjusts to up to three kinds of heights, giving it an advantage over those with only one height system. The carpeted surface provides a strong footing for your dog, preventing it from slipping easily. Perfect for our little dogs known to be more hyperactive in their steps. Its super lightweight structure makes it highly easy to carry everywhere and its collapsible structure helps to store it virtually everywhere.
- Short setting: 14”W x 26”L x 10”H; Medium setting: 14”W x 26”L x 13” H; Tall setting: 14”W x 26” L x 16” H
- When collapsed: 14” W x 26” L x 2” H
- Total weight: 8 lbs; holds up to 150 lbs
- Simple design, blends in perfectly with any type of house decor.
- Indoor and outdoor pet-friendly carpet. Adds sturdiness to the climb up and down of your pet.
- Height is adjustable; it reaches up to three heights: 10, 13, and 16 inches. It also collapses up to 2 inches whenever it is not in use.
- For small dogs only
15. Merry Products Collapsible Ramp
This ramp is multifunctional, with wheels that allow you to transport it easily from one place to another. It can be used for beds, sofas, couches, and even cars. The rubber soles give it support while the wheels allow for quick mobility. Its height is adjustable which means it can assist in every need for your dog. It is also incredibly easy to store as it folds in itself and can become quite flat, allowing you to place it below any furniture you desire. What is also extremely cool is its ramp for higher beds. If you’re the owner of a small apartment and an equally small dog, this is the ramp for you!
- Three adjustable heights
- Depending on height, holds up to three different weights. Opened at its lowest, holds up to 50 pounds. Opened at its medium holds 120 pounds, and at its highest, 150 pounds.
- Can become a dog ramp or a set of stairs
- Movable around the house and foldable, which allows storage virtually anywhere.
Things to Consider Before Buying
When it comes to choosing the correct ramp for your dog there are various aspects to consider in doing so. First of all, you need to evaluate what purpose the ramp is going to serve and where you are going to use it. There is a big difference in its handling if your objective is to use it as a platform that allows easy access for the pet to mount furniture pieces such as sofas or beds, or if it’s to be used for this same objective in a vehicle. Ideally, it would be best to get a ramp that would work for both furniture pieces or for and for a vehicle.
Type of Ramp
Something else to consider is the type of ramp to buy since there are a few options. You can either purchase a folding, fixed, or telescopic ramp. The folding and telescopic ramps are more versatile and can be easily transported from one place to another.
Telescopic ramps are highly recommended seeing as you can extend the walking distance with ease and without risking your safety or that of the car. However, telescopic ramps usually come with a higher price tag. Fixed ramps, on the other hand, are wonderful selections to wear and tear for beds. Be that as it may, the fact that it is a fixed piece means that it occupies a lot of space. It is for this reason that experts suggest the use of folding or telescopic ramps in small spaces instead of fixed ones.
Weight of Ramp
We have mentioned before the effect that the weight of the ramp has at the time of transportation. Besides this, the weight also affects the structural soundness of the ramp. That is to say that the heavier the ramp, the sturdier and more durable it’ll be. On the other hand, the lighter the ramp, the flimsier and less durable it’ll be. When it comes to structural soundness one must look for the best of both worlds: a durable and portable ramp. The materials that make up the structure of a ramp also have an effect on its sturdiness.
At the time of making the decision to purchase a dog ramp that is durable and strong, it’s better to look for those that are made of wood or steel. There is a downside, however, when purchasing a wooden ramp and that is the price and its liability to the effects of the weather. Wooden and steel ramps also tend to be very heavy, resulting in a not-so-transportation-friendly product. There are some materials that make for a more lightweight and durable ramp, such as aluminum and vinyl.
In terms of stability, look for a ramp that can support your dog’s weight while moving up and down the product. A ramp should have a stabilizer at both the top and bottom.
These are usually made of materials that have a strong grip. Another form of stabilizer that you may encounter, particularly in folding and telescopic ramps, are latches that you can attach to your vehicle. There are other features that aid in the support of the ramp such as side railings and guard rails, and reflective strips. Dogs need traction in their ramps for them to feel like they can rely on this stable product as they walk on it.
We hope that you enjoyed our buying guide for the best dog ramps for beds. While there are so many options and features to consider, we are confident in our research and our ability to making the buying process as simple as possible.
With our help, your furry friend will be ready for cuddles with no problems!
What should the angle of the ramp be?
The angle will be determined by the width of the dog ramp and the weight and height of your dog. For little pups, an 18 to 20 degree, and for medium or big dogs, a 22 to 25 degree should work.
Wooden ramps are a good option?
Wooden dog ramps are durable and sturdy, especially for beds. In a cold environment, these ramps thrive as they keep your dog’s paws warm and it helps reduce the pain in their joints. They are also more durable and long-lasting compared to other materials. Premium wooden ramps even come with anti-skid surfaces.